Old Fart Who Loves Japanese Pop Culture 日本の大衆文化を愛する中年

Japanese Dramas, Manga, Anime and Japanese Movies, Jpop, and anything else about Japanese pop culture that I find interesting.

日本のドラマ、マンガ、アニメ、J-POP、その他私がおもしろいと思った日本の大衆文化について

My Photo
Name:
Location: Akihabara@DEEP, NY, Christmas Island

contact me at kevn57ATgmail.com friend me on goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1660832-kevin

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Change Ep.2 Screen Shots

The episode opens with a re-cap of the last where schoolteacher, Keita played by Kimura Takuya (Pride, Long Vacation) is forced to run for a seat in the Diet when his father and older brother are killed in a plane crash by Miyama Rika played by Fukatsu Eri (Space Travellers, Saiyuuki). Nirasawa Katsutoshi played by Abe Hiroshi (Antique, Hero) was his campaign manager, his slogan was political reform through youthfulness and Miyamoto Hikari played by Kato Rosa (Tokkyu Tanaka San Go, Tsubasa No Oreta Tenshitachi 2) was the voice of his campaign. When a scandal over twenty years old regarding his father becomes and issue, against the advice of his advisors he makes a full apology and accepts responsibility on his father’s behalf. Much to his staff’s surprise he wins the election, on his first day in the Diet, Rika acts as his secretary as he hasn’t yet hired any staff. When he arrives at the Diet he’s met by the Prime Minister who uses the opportunity for a photo op with the press.

This episode was half serious, and half comedy as not to give away any spoilers I just have an observation. What is it in drama, anime and manga that makes unrelated characters live together, it’s done time and time again and while it may be for ease of storytelling as a plot device is it something that commonly occurs in Japan? Anyways I really like this show the characters are all terrific but I wonder if the Minster of Internal Affairs Kanbayashi Masaichi is really as nice a guy as he appears or is he another Senator Joseph Harrison Paine.

Download the English hardsub bit torrent file from the tracker here. Screen caps of the first episode are here.








































Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Quy said...

I'm starting to like this drama a bit more after seeing this episode. I just enjoy watching Abe Horoshi on the screen. The part where crashes his house is hilarious, when hes half naked and the secretary comes in. The drama needs more of that. lol

P.S. I'm about 70% done with the edit of episode 4, and hopefully i'll send it to you at night,if not, tomorrow at the latest.

5/29/2008 02:58:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

@quy The drama needs more of that. lol I agree, Abe Horoshi is one of my favorite actors from Bubble Fiction to Trick he's always good, just saw him in the Chinese movie Tokyo Raiders a few weeks ago, he was outstanding as usual.

i'll send it to you at night,if not, tomorrow at the latest.

Thanks and let me know if you want them posted or send me links if you upload them and I'll update my post with links to your subs.

5/29/2008 06:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home