Old Fart Who Loves Japanese Pop Culture 日本の大衆文化を愛する中年

Japanese Dramas, Manga, Anime and Japanese Movies, Jpop, and anything else about Japanese pop culture that I find interesting.

日本のドラマ、マンガ、アニメ、J-POP、その他私がおもしろいと思った日本の大衆文化について

My Photo
Name:
Location: Akihabara@DEEP, NY, Christmas Island

contact me at kevn57ATgmail.com friend me on goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1660832-kevin

Monday, May 26, 2008

Loss Time Life ロス:タイム:ライフ Screen Caps

Life is like a football match (soccer to Americans), Football is Life.
The first episode opens with a building engulfed in flames Nakayama Haruhiko played by Eita (Atsu-hime, Last Friends) is a professional photographer, who puts himself in danger to get a photo of a young boy trapped on a balcony. His editor congratulates him on the photo but tells him to take more care as his coat has been burned by the fire he was so close too. Nakayama tells him that you have to be right in the action to catch the atmosphere in a photograph and goes on to say that he hopes to die in the line of duty.

I absolutely loved this series, I’ve seen the first six episodes and the only thing that connects the episodes is the main character dies very early in the episode. Then a team of football judges show up to give the character additional time like at the end of a match. The time varies from episode to episode and so does what the characters choose to do with the time. It has a great cast of actors Ueno Juri, Tokiwa Takako, Kuriyama Chiaki to name just a few. It’s one of the best random shows I’ve ever seen, the only criticism I have are the subs are terrible. They’ve been ripped from DVD and are definitely written in Engrish, sometimes I need to go back a few times over a scene to figure out what’s really going on. That said this series is well worth the effort to figure out and my thanks go to the ripper who posted the subtitles for us.

Download the RAW video from the tracker here, the Engrish soft subs are here.

Updated 5/30
Thanks to Quy we have good subs for episode 4 "Nurse" with Ueno Juri Download them here. Thank you so much Quy this is actually my favorite episode of the series.
































Labels: , , , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Quy said...

The link for the subs seem to be down. Can you send it to me? I was thinking of doing an edit of this since i have some time.

5/27/2008 02:22:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

The link for the subs seem to be down.

The link for the subs is down, I just emailed them to Quy, if anyone else needs them just email me and I'll send them to you too.

5/27/2008 02:42:00 PM  
Blogger Quy said...

Now, only if i can get direct downloads of the raws...

5/27/2008 02:56:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

@Quy Now, only if i can get direct downloads of the raws

Your wish is my command RAWS

5/27/2008 04:06:00 PM  
Blogger Stephen said...

I don't think I've told you this, but thanks for your site! I've gotten some good ideas for which dramas to watch next. I'm currently in a backlog! :)

5/28/2008 01:23:00 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

@Stephen I'm currently in a backlog! :)

Thanks and I am too!

5/28/2008 11:27:00 AM  
Blogger Quy said...

Thanks for the site. Now I just need help editing the other 6 episodes, it'll take forever if it's just me. But then again, I try to make my subs good.

5/28/2008 09:20:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

@Quy Thanks for working on the subs, if anybody wants to help out editing email me and I'll get you in touch with each other.

5/29/2008 11:43:00 AM  
Blogger Quy said...

Great news. Guoniant decided to release 3 subs that she had translated a while back.
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_61960.htm
You can find it there. Subs for episodes 5, 7 and 9. I'm sure there of high quality. =D

5/31/2008 01:00:00 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

@quy Subs for episodes 5, 7 and 9.

Thanks for letting us know, I really hope someone releases the special someday I used the goggle bot but it didn't do a very good job.

5/31/2008 06:39:00 AM  
Blogger edjusted said...

It looks like Guoniant's subs got taken down? Does anyone have a working link to them?

7/02/2008 02:57:00 AM  
Blogger eEkeiI said...

did u still have sub for ep4?i really want it.

7/11/2008 09:03:00 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Blogger eEkeiI said...

did u still have sub for ep4?i really want it.


send me an email and I'll send them to you

7/11/2008 11:19:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home