Old Fart Who Loves Japanese Pop Culture 日本の大衆文化を愛する中年

Japanese Dramas, Manga, Anime and Japanese Movies, Jpop, and anything else about Japanese pop culture that I find interesting.

日本のドラマ、マンガ、アニメ、J-POP、その他私がおもしろいと思った日本の大衆文化について

My Photo
Name:
Location: Akihabara@DEEP, NY, Christmas Island

contact me at kevn57ATgmail.com friend me on goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1660832-kevin

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Osen おせん Ep.2 Screen Shots

The miso has all been used up, Osen played by Aoi Yu (Hula Girl, Hana and Alice) wonders who should be assigned the task of making this years batch. Yoshio played by Uchi Hiroki (Ganbatte Ikimasshoi) complains to his fellow prep chef that vegetables should be peeled with a knife but learns that using a knife would spoil the taste. Then he’s on to floor polishing and complaining, when Osen asks if he knows how to make tea. He sloppily makes the tea and brings it to Osen and her guest, Chinpindo played by Watanabe Ikkei (Kimi Hannin Janai yo ne?, Galileo). Chinpindo has brought an antique for Osen to consider and when Yoshio complains about the price for piece, Chinpindo criticizes his tea making skill, Osen agrees. Then when Yoshio is chopping wood, Handa Chiyo played Yuki Saori (Anego, Yuuki) Osens mother and former owner arrives and Yoshio asks her to help him get a raise. Osen is in the bath recovering from her previous nights indulgence (This week she remembered to take off her socks), when her mother enters informing her that the food will be too salty if you cook it while you’re drunk.

Later in the episode Okada Yoshinori (1 Pound no Fukuin, Sexy Voice and Robo) is introduced as Okamoto a friend from Yoshio’s school. I just love this show, after only the second episode it has become tied with Ryokiteki na Kanojo as the best drama of the season. I love the slice of life feel and the slow pacing of the show, everything is gorgeous and the only bad thing I can say about it is that it makes me really hungry when I watch it.

Download the RAW video from the tracker here, soft subs are here and a hardsub version can be downloaded here. Screen shots of the previous episode are here.










































Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Stephen said...

Thank you for pointing out this series. It looks really good! I'll start downloading tonight.

5/15/2008 02:53:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

@ stephen

I hope you like it as much as I do, please let me know what you think of it after you've had a chance to watch it.

5/15/2008 04:20:00 PM  
Blogger bunbungirl said...

Hi. Is the Japanese animated cartoon good?
Your site is interesting for me
I want to often visit your site from now on.
If you are interested in Anime, please link to my site.
My site has information about Japanese culture
(For example, Japanese manga, animation, games, Cosplay, Japanese foods).
Would you introduce my site in your site if you like it?
http://japanesefood-cultuer-history-anime.blogspot.com/

5/15/2008 09:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home