Old Fart Who Loves Japanese Pop Culture 日本の大衆文化を愛する中年

Japanese Dramas, Manga, Anime and Japanese Movies, Jpop, and anything else about Japanese pop culture that I find interesting.

日本のドラマ、マンガ、アニメ、J-POP、その他私がおもしろいと思った日本の大衆文化について

My Photo
Name:
Location: Akihabara@DEEP, NY, Christmas Island

contact me at kevn57ATgmail.com friend me on goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1660832-kevin

Saturday, June 07, 2008

Hachi-One Diver ハチワンダイバー Ep 2 Screen Caps

In the first episode we’re introduced to Sugata Kentaro played by Mizobata Junpei (Hanazakari no Kimitachi e, Seito Shokun!) he’s done nothing with his life except play shogi first aiming to be a professional then gambling to make enough money to live. But he plays Nakashizu Soyo aka Miruku played by Naka Riisa (Jodan ja nai!, My Boss My Hero) and loses. He’s devastated by the loss winds up pawning his shogi pieces for a rematch which he also loses. He then winds up playing another strong player with financial backing from Soyo, where he discovers his signature move 81 diver. Where he dives into the board and sees the best strategy to be used in the game. The next day Miruku is back at his apartment to clean, but he’s distracted by the beautiful girl and what he really wants to do is play shogi with her again but he hasn’t any shogi pieces to play with.

I love this show, it’s funny and the shogi is really interesting, I wanted to find out more about the game and found that yahoo games has a shogi section but the few times I’ve been there no other players were online. But they do have a section with the rules and while you don’t need to know it to enjoy the show it just enhances the experience if you understand what’s going on. I just learned the rules to mahjong last week watching xxxHolic Kei, the yahoo rules to shogi are located here.

I haven’t been posting about the show because there were already a lot of shows that I’m posting about but I’ve been watching every new release as the subs are posted the first five episodes have been subtitled so far. Download the RAW video bit torrent file here, get soft subs released by burento5 here. Screen shots of the previous episodes are here.


Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger takodori said...

Try playok.com to find a shogi opponent instead of Yahoo!.

http://www.playok.com/intl/en/shogi/

If you feel the level of players' strength is too high, then try to play with a Hamster(Computer opponent for a shogi beginner)! Here is an English instruction.

http://shogi-shack.net/playhamshogi.aspx

I'm maintaining a blog which is exclusively related to shogi. Please give it a try here.
http://shogi.typepad.jp/eweblog/

6/07/2008 11:30:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

@takodori I'll try that site, I'll need Hamster mode for sure. I like your blog and would recommend it to anyone interested in shogi!

6/08/2008 08:02:00 AM  
Blogger Aaron said...

I've watched the first two episodes of Hachi-One Diver and have enjoyed it so far. I really dig all the cool anime/manga effects over the live action. Good stuff. Maybe this will get me to learn Shogi like Hikaru No Go got me to learn Go.

Is it just me or does Sugata cry more then Ben Affleck? The guy needs to get out more often. :)

6/08/2008 10:23:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

@Aaron The guy needs to get out more often. :)

I agree with that, normally the girl would change him to become more sociable but I have a feeling that Soyo will make him even more obsessive, enough to turn pro.

6/09/2008 01:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home