Old Fart Who Loves Japanese Pop Culture 日本の大衆文化を愛する中年

Japanese Dramas, Manga, Anime and Japanese Movies, Jpop, and anything else about Japanese pop culture that I find interesting.

日本のドラマ、マンガ、アニメ、J-POP、その他私がおもしろいと思った日本の大衆文化について

My Photo
Name:
Location: Akihabara@DEEP, NY, Christmas Island

contact me at kevn57ATgmail.com friend me on goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1660832-kevin

Sunday, June 08, 2008

Puzzleパズル (2007) Screen Caps

The A group students at an exclusive high school are taken hostage along with their homeroom teacher by a group of gunmen. The students are forced to find 2000 pieces of a puzzle and put it together within 24 hours or the teacher and a former classmate will be executed. The story is told through an interview process with an unknown interrogator and through flashbacks. Dramatically I don’t know if this is a good way to tell a story, it sometimes feels too dry and it reveals through it’s very nature that these characters at least have survived, which takes away some of the suspense. However in such a short series, four half hour episodes, it’s an effective way to get a large number of viewpoints across to the audience. Yanagi Kotaro (Tadashii Oji no Tsukurikata) plays the main character and does a pretty good job with it, he a little more lively then the character he plays in Tadashii Oji no Tsukurikata but not much. Along with Yanagi two other classmates I recognise are Nakamura Yuichi (Kamen Rider Den-O as Sakurai Yuuto/Kamen Rider Zeronos, Gokusen 2) and Yamamoto Yusuke (Hanazakari no Kimitachi e, Kamen Rider Kabuto) who is also starring in this years Puzzle with Ishihara Satomi but the two dramas aren’t connected at all except by sharing a similar name. This drama wasn’t as exciting as I’d hoped it’d be and the overall puzzle is pretty easy to figure out but if you love mysteries you might find this entertaining. But I’d much rather watch the 2008 Puzzle, its has better mysteries and overall is a lot more fun.

Download the entire four episode drama bit torrent files here.




---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kevin <kevn57@gmail.com>
Date: 2008/6/8
Subject: Puzzleパズル (2007) Screen Caps
To: blog Japanese Pop <kevn57.1957@blogger.com>



Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous P-chan said...

I actually just watched this the other day because I found out Yanagi Kotaroh is in it ^o^ I'm a really big Tenimyu fan and I really wanted to see more of his stuff.

Yeah Puzzle (2007) wasn't all that great but it definitely had a different feel than most stuff we see out there these days.

6/09/2008 01:50:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

@p-chanYanagi Kotaroh is in it ^o^ I'm a really big Tenimyu fan and I really wanted to see more of his stuff.

I liked him in the two shows that I've seen him in, but I preferred him in Tadashii Oji no Tsukurikata I'd love to see Rocket Boys but it's hasn't been subbed unfortunately.

6/09/2008 02:25:00 PM  
Anonymous P-chan said...

Tadashii Oji no Tsukurikata is awesome XD I'm still waiting for the last 2 episodes to be subbed. A really awesome cast in my opinion. Many of the actors have performed in a tenimyu. And of course Matsushima Hatsune is in it <3 she and Aiba Hiroki make a hilarious duo in this ^^

I also want to see Rocket Boys. I wonder if anyone is going to sub it =/ I kinda wonder why people give Kotaroh such emo roles... he's a very genki guy.

6/09/2008 03:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home