Old Fart Who Loves Japanese Pop Culture 日本の大衆文化を愛する中年

Japanese Dramas, Manga, Anime and Japanese Movies, Jpop, and anything else about Japanese pop culture that I find interesting.

日本のドラマ、マンガ、アニメ、J-POP、その他私がおもしろいと思った日本の大衆文化について

My Photo
Name:
Location: Akihabara@DEEP, NY, Christmas Island

contact me at kevn57ATgmail.com friend me on goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1660832-kevin

Sunday, July 06, 2008

"Code Blue" flies in at over 20%

Sent to you by kevn57 via Google Reader:

via Tokyograph on 7/5/08
The first episode of the Fuji TV drama series "Code Blue" aired on Thursday, getting 21.2% ratings. This is the 7th-highest opener in the history of that particular time slot (Thursday 10:00pm), ever since it was turned into a drama slot in 1984. Counting only summer dramas in that slot, it ranks #1.

"Code Blue" stars Tomohisa Yamashita, Yui Aragaki, and Erika Toda.

Things you can do from here:

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think most of the ratings came from Hype.. Because of Yamapi and Erika everyone tuned in. I know I did. However if you look at the ratings now, it's steadily declining. Drama didn't have anything new or deep. Yamapi's character always steps in to save the day in such a way that sometimes it makes wonder, Why did they bother to put other characters in this show when putting only Yamapi should've been enough. I liked Yamapi as the hero in Kurosagi but can't get used to his card broad-ish character in CB.

8/01/2008 06:42:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

@Anonymous
I honestly didn't expect to like this series, even though it had a great cast I just wasn't interested in seeing another medical drama and the first couple of episodes confirmed that but I kept watching and after the third episode I'm starting to like it, the characters do indeed start out as cliches, but they're evolving and changing as they interact with each other.

8/02/2008 08:13:00 AM  
Anonymous MSK said...

Hi, I'm a high school student in Hokkaido, Japan.
I googled the word "hidamari sketch", and I found your blog.
I like hidamari sketch very much.

I translated your blog name and explanation into Japanese.
"Old Fart Who Loves Japanese Pop Culture" means 日本の大衆文化を愛する中年 in Japanese.
"Japanese Dramas, Manga, Anime and Japanese Movies, Jpop, and anything else about Japanese pop culture that I find interesting." means 日本のドラマ、マンガ、アニメ、J-POP、その他私がおもしろいと思った日本の大衆文化について in Japanese.

Please visit my blog(written in Japanese)
http://2dkukan.blog.shinobi.jp/

see you

8/09/2008 08:41:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Thanks msk, it was very nice of you to translate the Japanese for me I really appreciate it.

I love hidamari sketch the original and this summers sequel are terrific, after a long stressful day I can't think of anything more relaxing or enjoyable. Sketchbook: full color`s is another favorite of mine in the same slice of life genre.

I did go to your blog but unfortunately I don't speak Japanese, wish that I could!

8/09/2008 09:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home